Sunday 7 September 2014

Drugstore Gems ♣

In this post I thought I would share some of my favourite makeup products from the drugstore. The drugstore does have some hits and misses, but the products I’m going to share are staples of mine that I always repurchase.  The products are listed in no particular order.

1.        The first product I’d like to share is the L’Oreal Infallible eyeshadows. These eyeshadows feel so high quality and are
comparable to the Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill eyeshadows, but are only a fraction of the cost. The shadows range from $6.00-$12.00 depending on where you purchase them, and sometimes they’re on sale for half off. You really can’t go wrong with these shadows. I would honestly pay a high end price for them because they’re worth every penny. The texture of the eyeshadows is a pressed pigment, and I like to apply them with my finger as I get more colour payoff. The colours in the line range from neutral to bright, shimmery to matte. I also like to pair these shadows with another product I’m going to discuss in this post. If you’re someone on a budget or just looking for some good quality eyeshadows I would highly recommend giving these a try.

2.        The second product I absolutely love are the Maybelline Color Tattoos. These are a cream eyeshadow that you can wear alone or under a powder eyeshadow as a base to make the colour more intense. I personally like to wear them under powder eyeshadows especially the L’Oreal Infallible ones. These cream eyeshadows also range from neutral to bright colours and shimmery to matte. The price of these are around $8.00. They’re super longwearing, pigmented, and do not crease. These are another product I highly recommend to anyone, especially if you have a problem with your eyeshadows creasing or not showing up on your eyelids.

3.        The next product has been my all-time favourite mascara for years now. What I love about this mascara is that it separates your eyelashes perfectly and
doesn’t clump. I already have fairly long eyelashes and what I look for most in mascaras is the separation not so much the volume. I love spidery looking eyelashes and this mascara does it for me. I sometimes pair it with the L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara if I want the look of fake eyelashes. But as a stand-alone mascara this gets it done. The brush is rubber and very small which is why I love it, as it coats every lash including the lower lashes. If you’re not into spidery lashes you may not like this mascara.



4.        The next product is one of my favourite setting powders. I usually order
mine online off the eyeslipsface website when they have a deal for 50% off and free shipping. This powder is originally $6.00 but as I said I usually get it for $3.00. What I love about this powder is I don’t ever get a white cast with it in photos and it’s referred to as ‘’HD’’ and it is! It is so flawless. I like to set my foundation with it and when I do my face looks airbrushed. The powder also comes in a yellow tint (which may be comparable to the banana powder), and a shimmery highlight. It keeps the oil at bay and makes my foundation last. If you’re in the market for an inexpensive setting powder I highly recommend this one.
 
5.        The next product has to be my all-time favourite blush high end or low end, these blushes are amazing! I own almost all the shades and I love every single one of them. I have a hard time in the morning when it’s time to apply my blush (looking at my overwhelming collection) to choose which one I want to wear and I can’t resist the Milani Baked blushes. They feel like they’re high end for a drugstore price. They cover almost every shade you would want in a blush from cool toned pinks, to warm peachy pinks and everything in between. Most of the blushes are quite shimmery – which I love but they also have matte colours as well. I recommend these blushes to anyone, you really won’t regret them.



These are just a few of my drugstore favourites that I have come back to time and time again that never disappoint me. Hopefully this inspires you to try some new products or to re-discover some products you already love. It’s not always the price you pay for a product that matters, there are some really good drugstore gems out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment